Honey Mustard Chicken
(Photo complements of Simple and Delicious)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving. Place chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; brush with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and chicken juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices. Warm reserved sauce; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Keeping Picky Eater #1 and #2 (mom and brother) in mind, I split the recipe in half. 3 chicken leg quarters were cooked honey mustard style. I set the other 3 in a pan and sprinkled them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, Tony's Cajun Seasoning, and some dried onions. I added a little olive oil when it was cooking to add a little moisture.
On another note, I just wanted to share this blog that I follow. Blueberry Moon has some super cute craft ideas and some YUMMY recipes! And she has another blog with encouraging scriptures and I think that's a really great idea!- Faith S.O.S.
Well that's all for today. I have to get moving... Oh the joys of nursing school!